Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moving in with the boyfriend

I am officially moving in with my boyfriend, scary! But exciting!

I was so busy at work last week and my boyfriend decided to go look at an apartment without me. We had already looked at an apartment by the same management company so I trusted him to look at this one on his own. He ended up liking it and called me and said he wanted to take it. I told him "go ahead."

After all of the credit checks and everything else that is involved with getting a NYC apartment, we signed the lease yesterday. I finally got to see it yesterday and I really like it! It's a great apartment and I think that we are going to be really happy there. It has a dishwasher and a breakfast bar, and it's really nice.

I feel bad because the boyfriend was so excited about finding the place and moving in with me and I felt like I couldn't get into moving in with him without seeing it. He went around last weekend telling everyone that we had put an application in to get an apartment. He was hopping around like a little kid. I felt so bad that I couldn't share in the joy with him. Now I can! I am really happy and can't wait to move in together. I'm excited and anxious to just get in there and decorate (with little suprts of pink!)

I am dreading the moving part. I don't have a lot to move but it still is horrible just thinking about. I kind of just want to move my stuff and let the boyfriend move his own stuff, but I know that's mean. I just feel like it's his own stuff and not mine. I'm hoping that it will be different after we move in together and get our own stuff to decorate. I really want everything to be "ours."

No comments: