Thursday, November 11, 2010

Working

My friends have always looked at me as the feminist, self-starter who enjoys working and being successful. It's not that I no longer enjoy being successful, I just don't like what it takes to get there. I never thought I would say this, but now I understand why women just want to stay home.

I have done what I never thought I would do. I have taken a job because it is easy and more money. I recently received a promotion, but in another department. The money is really good, but the job is boring. I have taken this job in order to be able to be a good wife and mother in the future. I feel that in my current job I am too stressed and irritated to be enjoyable at home. I am no longer enjoying life.

I worry that now I will be judged for not being as successful as I thought I would be. I still have the opportunity to come back to my dream job and be extremely successful in the future, but for now I will worry about being successful in motherhood and as a wife.

I have so many opportunities afforded to me and I want to be able to take advantage of them, but now is not the time for that. Now is the time to start being an amazing wife and think about being the best mom I can be.

I hope that my choices in life are looked at as wise and responsible and that I am still known to my friends, family and peers as a successful woman.

No comments: